• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cdh

cdh

The casing is able to be cut with a knife, with some effort.  I'd say its hardness is just shy of almond shells. Case is fibrous, but not stringy.  You eat the white segments inside.  Taste is unique, texture is sorta grape-like.   It is bright, but not sharp.  Offset by sweetness. I'd not say particularly aromatic. 

cdh

cdh

The casing is able to be cut with a knife, with some effort.  I'd say its hardness is just shy of almond shells. Case is fibrous, but not stringy.  Taste is unique, texture is sorta grape-like.   It is bright, but not sharp.  Offset by sweetness. I'd not say particularly aromatic. 

cdh

cdh

The casing is able to be cut with a knife, with some effort.  I'd say its hardness is just shy of almond shells.  It is fibrous, but not stringy.  Taste is unique.  It is bright, but not sharp.  Offset by sweetness. I'd not say particularly aromatic.