• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

French waiter shot dead for being 'too slow with sandwich'

liuzhou

guessing the murderer might have mental health issues - like anger control - and a history of criminality and violence (since he was already carrying a gun with him for his meal) 

I guess the waiter was just one victim and maybe others too until the police catches him 

I did read about a Frenchmen throwing chairs inside a McDonald's once bc it was bringing down the French culture (which is weird bc McDonald's sales in France are stellar and the French luuuuvs McDonalds) 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

It isn't a pizzeria.

Your URL says pizzeria.  Granted the NY Times clarifies "pizza and sandwich shop".  Speaking of the sandwich in question, they add "it was unclear what kind".

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

10 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Your URL says pizzeria.  Granted the NY Times clarifies "pizza and sandwich shop".  Speaking of the sandwich in question, they add "it was unclear what kind".

It ain't my URL. And anyway, the URL doesn't mention pizzerias. The image in the article that URL leads to shows clearly it's a pizza and sandwich shop.

Edited by liuzhou (log)

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

1 minute ago, liuzhou said:

It ain't my URL. The image in the article that URL leads to shows clearly it's a pizza and sandwich shop.

Pardon, but you posted it.

Tragic that some poor person got shot over a sandwich.  When more is known I wonder if it will turn out to be a hate crime.  One night when I was working in the college computer center in the 1960's I ordered a pizza.  The delivery person arrived holding a man at gunpoint.  The man had pilfered a slice of my pizza from the truck.

No one was killed and I eventually got the pizza but I was given no credit for the missing slice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

11 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

No one was killed and I eventually got the pizza but I was given no credit for the missing slice.

😂

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Did he think that was going to speed up his service?

• Haha 2

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett