• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

17 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Apologies in advance for sounding peckish, but how do you eat these?    They look like a clothing disaster waiting at table.    

I am reminded of the soup Bradley Ogden served at his Lark Creek Inn.    Touted as a casual restaurant, but plating and pricing suggested otherwise.   His soup contained 2" long cuts of corn-on-the-cob.    Now, how do you eat that?    I think he may have had a tie in with a local dry cleaner.

I suppose you can eat them any way you like, or not at all if you have tidiness concerns. They are certainly a finger food and while the chef has a Michelin star, this restaurant is very casual. Cloth napkins but no tablecloths.  We sat outside with a view of what's essentially a Target parking lot.  I picked up a strip, dipped it into the aioli, used my knife to spread the aioli more or less evenly across the corn and ate it as if it was a tiny ear of corn.  Some of my friends spooned some of the aioli on to their plates and dipped each bite.  I got a little of the ground chili on my fingers but not all that much and since it's only a few rows of kernels, you don't get stuff all over your face like eating an ear of Mexican street corn. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

8 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Apologies in advance for sounding peckish, but how do you eat these?    They look like a clothing disaster waiting at table.    

I am reminded of the soup Bradley Ogden served at his Lark Creek Inn.    Touted as a casual restaurant, but plating and pricing suggested otherwise.   His soup contained 2" long cuts of corn-on-the-cob.    Now, how do you eat that?    I think he may have had a tie in with a local dry cleaner.

I suppose, you can eat them any way you like, or not at all if you have tidiness concerns. They are certainly a finger food and while the chef has a Michelin star, this restaurant is very casual. Cloth napkins but no tablecloths.  We sat outside with a view of what's essentially a Target parking lot.  I picked up a strip, dipped it into the aioli, used my knife to spread the aioli more or less evenly across the corn and ate it as if it was a tiny ear of corn.  Some of my friends spooned some of the aioli on to their plates and dipped each bite.  I got a little of the ground chili on my fingers but not all that much and since it's only a few rows of kernels, you don't get stuff all over your face like eating an ear of Mexican street corn.