• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Time in a Bottle" Smithsonian Article

Kim Shook

I'm not much of a drinker (vodka and girly drinks for me), but I found this article about this group of mad scientists trying to recreate old spirits and artificially aging new spirits fascinating.  I searched and didn't find the article on here anywhere, so I hope I'm not repeating!

"Time in a Bottle"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

I'm not much of a drinker (vodka and girly drinks for me), but I found this article about this group of mad scientists trying to recreate old spirits and artificially aging new spirits fascinating.  I searched and didn't find the article on here anywhere, so I hope I'm not repeating!

"Time in a Bottle"

Nice article!  Lost Spirits was briefly mentioned in this recent post Disruptive technology may change the whisk(e)y industry - Economist mag shared  by @eugenep and quite a few folks have posted cocktails they've made with Lost Spirits rum. 

I gave  a bottle of it and tickets to a Lost Spirits tour to my cousins last Christmas.  I'll have to check and see if they've gone yet.  

• Like 3