• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

andiesenji

andiesenji

Follow up to my raisin vinegar post.  I braised a thick pork chop in milk (shallots and seasoning to my taste) 

I cooked some frozen crinkle fries in the air fryer I am testing.

I drizzled the vinegar over the pork chop and the very crisp potatoes.  A little ran into the green beans.

It is a revelation.  The tastes are complex and complement the pork, the potatoes and even the beans.

This was started in 2011 and I just held onto it for this long because I had so many other vinegars.

I was able to get hold of one friend to whom I gave one jar and he said his wife was pregnant a short time later and would fill a shot glass with it and sip on it to relieve morning sickness for the "couple of weeks" she was bothered by it. A little later in her pregnancy she had cravings for steak fries and would put some in a cup and dip the potatoes in it.  He said he got a taste or two on steaks when she went through her "meat phase" but she consumed most of it.

He said it must have had an effect on his kid because his son, now 6 is very partial to vinegar dressings and they have an "English fish place" nearby that has "Fish and Chips" with malt vinegar and the boy can eat an adult serving and finish off anything left on his mom's plate.

andiesenji

andiesenji

Follow up to my raisin vinegar post.  I braised a thick pork chop in milk (shallots and seasoning to my taste) 

I cooked some frozen crinkle fries in the air frying I am testing.

I drizzled the vinegar over the pork chop and the very crisp potatoes.  A little ran into the green beans.

It is a revelation.  The tastes are complex and complement the pork, the potatoes and even the beans.

This was started in 2011 and I just held onto it for this long because I had so many other vinegars.

I was able to get hold of one friend to whom I gave one jar and he said his wife was pregnant a short time later and would fill a shot glass with it and sip on it to relieve morning sickness for the "couple of weeks" she was bothered by it. A little later in her pregnancy she had cravings for steak fries and would put some in a cup and dip the potatoes in it.  He said he got a taste or two on steaks when she went through her "meat phase" but she consumed most of it.

He said it must have had an effect on his kid because his son, now 6 is very partial to vinegar dressings and they have an "English fish place" nearby that has "Fish and Chips" with malt vinegar and the boy can eat an adult serving and finish off anything left on his mom's plate.