• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

@Sid Post

I really enjoy my A4, I use it on the patio and for travel.   I bought ALL the interchangeable plates, I primarily use the flat grill insert, the soup insert and just started using the mini-pancake insert for Oladi.   The raised grill insert and octopus ball insert have gone unused so far.   The A4 is pretty easy to keep clean.

The pancake insert seems to be hotter in the center 2 and colder on the outer 4.   I end up swapping the pancakes around to get more even browning if I care about that at the moment.  Eh, not great, but not terrible either.

It's expensive (normal pricing) but for me I feel like it's cut down on kitchen mess and has saved a bit of money and time when there's been no restaurant food available or desirable during roadtrips.

lemniscate

lemniscate

@Sid Post

I really enjoy my A4, I use it on the patio and for travel.   I bought ALL the interchangeable plates, I primarily use the flat grill insert, the soup insert and just started using the mini-pancake insert for Oladi.   The grill insert and octopus ball insert have gone unused so far.   The A4 is pretty easy to keep clean.

The pancake insert seems to be hotter in the center 2 and colder on the outer 4.   I end up swapping the pancakes around to get more even browning if I care about that at the moment.  Eh, not great, but not terrible either.

It's expensive (normal pricing) but for me I feel like it's cut down on kitchen mess and has saved a bit of money and time when there's been no restaurant food available or desirable during roadtrips.