• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Added pictures

Today we had lunch at the Merchant Tavern.  I had the Newfoundland breakfast while John had the pancakes.  A big plate was dropped off in front me and my jaw just about hit the table.  I was staring at eggs, a fish cake, a touton, a sausage, baked beans and potatoes.  The eggs, sausage, and some of the potatoes were shifted to John's plate.  We managed all but most of the potatoes and some of the pancakes.  We finished with lemon madelines and creme anglais.  When we ordered them we were told we would have to wait for them as they bake them to order.  They were perfect.

P_20190803_122232_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20190803_122250_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20190803_130257_vHDR_Auto.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

Today we had lunch at the Merchant Tavern.  I had the Newfoundland breakfast while John had the pancakes.  A big plate was dropped off in front me and my jaw just about hit the table.  I was staring at eggs, a fish cake, a touton, a sausage, baked beans and potatoes.  The eggs, sausage, and some of the potatoes were shifted to John's plate.  We managed all but most of the potatoes and some of the pancakes.