• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Lunch at Cashin's was a Turkey dinner for John and toutons and baked beans for me.  Strangely, my plate came with a couple of pieces of cheese and yogurt.  I guess the cheese isn't so odd but I thought the yogurt was a strange item.  The toutons look a little burnt but they didn't taste burnt so I was happy.  The food is always good there.  We then drove the TCH to St. John's and have checked into our accommodations.  We have a one bedroom apt. with a full kitchen should I feel inclined to cook.  That's  not likely going to happen.  The meals will get more interesting starting tomorrow night.  We have a bunch of reservations at different places but left lunch open for tomorrow as we were not sure as to what we would be doing.  Our apt. Is smack dab downtown and we can walk to all our eating spots except for Friday lunch.  I'm not sure what we are doing for dinner as we are both still full from lunch but no doubt we'll get something although I doubt it will be a full meal.

Edited to add:  that's how he likes his fries.

20190731_132700.jpg

20190731_132721.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

Lunch at Cashin's was a Turkey dinner for John and toutons and baked beans for me.  Strangely, my plate came with a couple of pieces of cheese and yogurt.  I guess the cheese isn't so odd but I thought the yogurt was a strange item.  The toutons look a little burnt but they didn't taste burnt so I was happy.  The food is always good there.  We then drove the TCH to St. John's and have checked into our accommodations.  We have a one bedroom apt. with a full kitchen should I feel inclined to cook.  That's  not likely going to happen.  The meals will get more interesting starting tomorrow night.  We have a bunch of reservations at different places but left lunch open for tomorrow as we were not sure as to what we would be doing.  Our apt. Is smack dab downtown and we can walk to all our eating spots except for Friday lunch.  I'm not sure what we are doing for dinner as we are both still full from lunch but no doubt we'll get something although I doubt it will be a full meal.

20190731_132700.jpg

20190731_132721.jpg