• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ElsieD

ElsieD

Added picture

Tonight we ate at a place called Rosie's.  We both had fish and chips, although John had more fish than I did, plus he had dressing and gravy for his fries.  The food was disappointing.  The fish was cod, but it was the thinner piece of the loin and was a bit dry.  The fries were not crispy but at least they weren't greasy.  The cole slaw was good as was the ketchup for the fries (not pictured).  

Tomorrow promises to be a much more interesting day food-wise.

@suzilightning  We dropped in at the Newfoundland Tea Company to check out their teas.  I found it expensive but then I don't often buy flavoured teas.  These were about $18.00 per 100 grams.  Is that a reasonable price?  They had some interesting flavors one of which is blueberry.  Hmm, may have to go back and get some.

P_20190729_185554_vHDR_Auto.jpg

ElsieD

ElsieD

Tonight we ate at a place called Rosie's.  We both had fish and chips, although John had more fish than I did, plus he had dressing and gravy for his fries.  The food was disappointing.  The fish was cod, but it was the thinner piece of the loin and was a bit dry.  The fries were not crispy but at least they weren't greasy.  The cole slaw was good as was the ketchup for the fries (not pictured).  

Tomorrow promises to be a much more interesting day food-wise.

@suzilightning  We dropped in at the Newfoundland Tea Company to check out their teas.  I found it expensive but then I don't often buy flavoured teas.  These were about $18.00 per 100 grams.  Is that a reasonable price?  They had some interesting flavors one of which is blueberry.  Hmm, may have to go back and get some.