• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
jonuk vietal

Introducing myself

hey guys, thanks for accepting, glad to join this community. I am interested in coffee mostly, to brew, roast etc, trying to learn something new. If you want an opinion about something related - let me know :)

• Like 1

Welcome to eG!  There are a few coffee roasters here. What sort of roasting setup do you use?  Found any jawdroppingly good green beans in recent crops?

Christopher D. Holst aka "cdh"

Learn to brew beer with my eGCI course

Chris Holst, Attorney-at-Lunch

Welcome to the forum.  Your name is intriguing.  Care to add a country or ethnic background, please. 

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

Cheers & Chocolates

34 minutes ago, cdh said:

Welcome to eG!  There are a few coffee roasters here. What sort of roasting setup do you use?  Found any jawdroppingly good green beans in recent crops?

thank you :)

Emm, I don't really own a roaster, the equipment can be quite expensive.

I kinda need to save up a little bit for that. Right now I do my roasting in an oven, which is a barbaric way, I know, but I hope to fix this issue, or in a popcorn popper (which is not much better I guess). I like the rwanda muhondo beans. 

20 minutes ago, Darienne said:

Welcome to the forum.  Your name is intriguing.  Care to add a country or ethnic background, please. 

Thank you :) The name is Polish, but Im not from Poland, Im from Latvia.  

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, jonuk vietal said:

Thank you :) The name is Polish, but Im not from Poland, Im from Latvia.  

As a mostly-Greek guy with a half Turkish/half Russian last name, welcome! Also love coffee.

Edited by Yiannos Comma (log)
  • Like 2