• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate and confections equipment auction

gfron1

5 minutes ago, gfron1 said:

I went for a few things and they all went too high. 

That’s such a shame when it’s in your own town and you could just carry them home. Keep in touch with the auctioneers though - if there is a payment problem you might still be able to snatch something up.

• Like 3

$5500 for the 50 lb savage, way too much for an unplanned non-necessity.  The 2 smallest copper bowls went for $125 and $150, not bad, and a vibrating table for $400.  I wasn't watching the little dippers or the panning equipment.. 

I'll find some new toys another time :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gfron1 said:

I was watching the baby panners and they went for just under retail.

I think sometimes people get so caught up in the winning that they lose sight of the saving money part. If I have to get within a short distance from new cost to get used, I just get new.

• Like 4

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.