• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wendy's USA

rotuts

I thnk there is a Wendy's GB thread 

so ......

a set of coupons arrived w my weekly circulars

there is one near buy

I tried the Dave's single w cheese , and it was not offensive 

but I had a coupon for a chicken sand.   spicy or hones-sty;le 

I got the

https://menu.wendys.com/en_US/product/spicy-chicken-sandwich/

deux.

W opens in my area at 10:00.  no breakfast it seems

I went at 10:30 as I was on the way past.

I went inside to do some 'scoping.    one set of people were just leaving

place was clean , and the person who took my order friendly

I got my CkSand's  w extra tomato

I was surprised in several ways :

the sandwich was piping hot , crispy ( its fried )  and not greasy or oily.   the portions were quit3e generous

and it was indeed spicy.   I liked it in the sense that if I was out and about and hungry 

and had only the usual fast-food. I get this.

it arrived very quietly but could not have been sitting under a heating lamp.

as it was so crispy. 

if a coupon comes your way , give it a try.  it is spicy keep that in mind.

P.S.:   I went to the trouble of filling out their survey On-Line , as I was curious.

using my receipt , they want me to come back in 30 days for another free CkSand.

I might do that !

• Like 4

Wendy's claim to fame is "hot and juicy" and, while I haven't eaten at every Wendy's or even eaten at any Wendy's often, my experience with their burgers is that they are generally exactly that. Whether or not one likes their burgers, I find them acceptable, no worse than most fast food burgers and better than some, is a different story. All of that is with the disclaimer that there is no Wendy's anywhere near where I live now so I haven't been to one in a long time. Most of the chain places that used to be acceptable or even good have caved to the bean counters over time with an accompanying decline in quality so it may have happened with Wendy's as well.

On 7/20/2019 at 9:52 PM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Someone I used to know who worked at Wendy's told me about Blattodea and the ice cream machine.

Extra protein, no extra charge... :raz: :D

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

• 1 month later...

"Wendy's has a new breakfast menu. Here's what's on it"

The company said Monday that its taking breakfast nationwide next year [2020] with a new menu inspired by its afternoon menu and, obviously, includes a Frosty made for breakfast.

They mention the 3 leading menu items in the article, with photos.

Wendy's got the Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit right, where McD's needs, and is missing, the honey butter in their version. 

• Like 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

• 1 month later...

Wendy's makes it official:

"Wendy's unveils its full breakfast menu"

Wendy's has unveiled its full breakfast menu ahead of its launch early next year.

The fast food chain announced in September it was entering the hyper-competitive time slot. The full menu was shown Friday at Wendy's annual investor day and includes new items in addition to the food it announced last month, like the Frosty-ccino.
The full menu consists of nine sandwiches. Three are on croissants, including two options with eggs (sausage, egg and Swiss cheese or a bacon, egg and Swiss cheese) and and a maple bacon chicken croissant.

• Like 1

Tim Oliver

4 hours ago, Toliver said:

Wendy's makes it official:

"Wendy's unveils its full breakfast menu"

Wendy's does a decent job - I'll probably give breakfast a try. When we lived in Charlottesville VA our Wendy's served breakfast and it was very good.  Actual breakfast sandwiches - on real bread.  I was sorry when the stopped.  I'm guessing that their "croissants" won't be as good.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

"Wendy's Is Rolling Out Birthday Cake Frostys for Its 50th Anniversary"

...In honor of their 50th trip around the sun, Wendy’s is adding a new, limited-edition treat to its menu.
Behold, the Birthday Cake Frosty, ‘cause it’s a pretty big deal. According to a press release, Wendy’s sells more than 300 million Frostys annually, which is impressive considering there have only been two standard flavors (chocolate and vanilla) thus far. In advance of Wendy’s 50th anniversary on November 15, you can experience the joy that is classic birthday cake flavor mixed with the Frosty’s trademark soquid texture for about $1.49.

Tim Oliver

• 1 year later...

So I happened to stop at a Wendy's and ordered their Lemonade.

They currently have a promotion featuring different kinds of Lemonade flavor combos for a slightly higher price than just their regular Lemonade.

I tried the Strawberry Lemonade flavor and it was not very good. It tasted like liquid candy with an "off" flavor.

However, when I ordered their regular Lemonade, I was surprised at how good it was.

It had a "made-with-real-lemons" finish to it (I have no idea if it is made with real lemons or if it's totally artificial).

I know other fast food restaurants (like "Raising Cane's" Chicken Fingers) serve supposedly real lemonade but, again I was impressed with Wendy's offering.

Anyone else care to chime in? What do you think of Wendy's Lemonade?

• Like 3

Tim Oliver

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 4:27 PM, Toliver said:

So I happened to stop at a Wendy's and ordered their Lemonade.

They currently have a promotion featuring different kinds of Lemonade flavor combos for a slightly higher price than just their regular Lemonade.

I tried the Strawberry Lemonade flavor and it was not very good. It tasted like liquid candy with an "off" flavor.

However, when I ordered their regular Lemonade, I was surprised at how good it was.

It had a "made-with-real-lemons" finish to it (I have no idea if it is made with real lemons or if it's totally artificial).

I know other fast food restaurants (like "Raising Cane's" Chicken Fingers) serve supposedly real lemonade but, again I was impressed with Wendy's offering.

Anyone else care to chime in? What do you think of Wendy's Lemonade?

A quick clarification...

I discovered last night that Wendy's sells two kinds of Lemonade. One is Minute Maid Lemonade which likely comes from a syrup/soda fountain. 

The other Lemonade is called "Natural Lemonade" and is the one I described in my above post. It has a fresh just-made taste and is the one I recommend from Wendy's.

It's quite hot here and last night the Natural Lemonade hit the right spot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tim Oliver

• 3 months later...

"Wendy's is turning its Frosty into a cereal"

The fast food chain is partnering with Kellogg to make "Wendy's Frosty Chocolatey Cereal," a limited-edition item that transforms the milkshake's chocolatey taste into cereal form. It hits grocery store shelves in December for a suggested price of $3.99 and includes a coupon for a free Frosty from Wendy's.
The cereal contains chocolate-flavored marshmallow pieces that "intermingle with crispy, cocoa-coated round cereal bites." Each spoonful "evokes the irresistible taste of a Wendy's Frosty," according to a press release.

If anyone sees this for sale, please take one for the team! xD

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Tim Oliver