• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Behold - The Marrot From Arby's

weinoo

It has been christened the marrot.  Full article in the NY Times here.

In the past year, several prominent restaurant chains have added plant-based burgers, sausages and ground beef to their menus, embracing a growing consumer demand for vegetarian products that simulate the taste and texture of meat.

But Arby’s is going in the opposite direction. Rather than invest in such alternatives, the chain has unveiled a product designed to poke fun at fans of meatless meat: a carrot made from turkey.

I knew it was gonna get weird with the impossible burger and stuff. I just didn't know how weird!

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

5 minutes ago, TicTac said:

I laughed.

Though I have never dined at Arby's - I can attest (and appreciate!) to their sense of humor!

Exactly. 

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

4 minutes ago, kayb said:

This almost makes up for the blasphemy that was the duck sandwich.

I was just thinking that I don’t like turkey but one could surely make baby marrots using chicken breast. Not something I’m likely to do but makes for a fine mind experiment.  It is almost a given that we will soon see marsnips, meets, mutabagas....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

51 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

I'm trying to visualize the customer who orders this.    And can't.

If it wasn’t for the turkey....

My 2004 eG Blog