• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

4 hours ago, gulfporter said:

I just got hooked on this a few weeks ago and while was never a fan of adding salt to fruit, these salt-lime-chili crystals are great sprinkled on mango, melons, pineapple and also cukes, jicama, radishes.  Makes the best rim for a tamarind margarita (and probably others).  

tajin.jpg.af6abb0bbc96bb77c220fe1c78f45550.jpg

You read my mind as I scrolled down to post the same.  Very Mexican to hit fruit with chile’ and lime

scubadoo97

scubadoo97

4 hours ago, gulfporter said:

I just got hooked on this a few weeks ago and while was never a fan of adding salt to fruit, these salt-lime-chili crystals are great sprinkled on mango, melons, pineapple and also cukes, jicama, radishes.  Makes the best rim for a tamarind margarita (and probably others).  

tajin.jpg.af6abb0bbc96bb77c220fe1c78f45550.jpg

You read my mind as I scrolled down to post the same