• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Correlation between Miracle Whip users and Ketchup users?

46 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Is corned beef hash made out of anything BUT the canned kind?

If my dear husband had his way, hash would generally be the fate of our leftover corned beef. He does love his hash!

• Like 2

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

15 hours ago, kayb said:

KETCHUP ON CORNED BEEF HASH?????

Heretic. Off in search of the tar and feathers....  :)

gonna hafta tar and feather me... love ketchup on crispy corned beef hash, hard scrambled eggs and hash browns.

• Like 1

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

2 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Is corned beef hash made out of anything BUT the canned kind?

Oh heck yes!!!

The only reason I make corned beef is to make hash!!!

• Like 2

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

15 hours ago, Tri2Cook said:

My older girl puts ketchup on mac and cheese... which is also blatantly wrong.

13 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Love ketchup up on Mac and cheese

Just in the interest of full disclosure, I showed this to her and her response was to stick her tongue out at me and say "see, it's good". I'm still not convinced but I have a feeling from now on it's going to be a whole lot more difficult for me if I make snide remarks when she eats it. :D

• Haha 2

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

24 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

Just in the interest of full disclosure, I showed this to her and her response was to stick her tongue out at me and say "see, it's good". I'm still not convinced but I have a feeling from now on it's going to be a whole lot more difficult for me if I make snide remarks when she eats it. :D

I'm with @Kerry Beal and your grand daughter...especially for home made crusty hot mac and cheese

• Like 1

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

If I have to eat mac-n-cheese (not my favorite dish, but when offered, eh, I'm polite)  I really can only enjoy eating it by adding fresh or canned  diced tomatoes to it or liberally dosing it with some sort of hot sauce.   I can see ketchup would be in the ballpark too.

• Like 1

During the estate sale for my mom's home, a woman saw her metal meat grinder for sale (the kind that clamps onto the edge of the counter). She said her mom used it for Pot Roast hash, which we weren't familiar with. She describe it as everything you had along with the pot roast (carrots, potatoes, onions, etc) put through the grinder then fried up as a hash. I love a good pot roast and all the trimmings. Her description made me want to at least try it someday.

And y'all better get a big batch of the tar and feathers because I also like ketchup on my (canned) corned beef hash. :laugh: 

I cook the hash in a cast iron skillet so I get lots of crispy bits. Ketchup gilds the lily for me.

Edited by Toliver (log)
  • Like 1
  • Delicious 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

18 minutes ago, Toliver said:

During the estate sale for my mom's home, a woman saw her metal meat grinder for sale (the kind that clamps onto the edge of the counter). She said her mom used it for Pot Roast hash, which we weren't familiar with. She describe it as everything you had along with the pot roast (carrots, potatoes, onions, etc) put through the grinder then fried up as a hash. I love a good pot roast and all the trimmings. Her description made me want to at least try it someday.

And y'all better get a big batch of the tar and feathers because I also like ketchup on my (canned) corned beef hash. :laugh: 

I cook the hash in a cast iron skillet so I get lots of crispy bits. Ketchup gilds the lily for me.

That's how my mom made hash and also the meat for shepherds or cottage pie from a leftover roast.

• Like 4