• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Toliver

Toliver

During the estate sale for my mom's home, a woman saw her metal meat grinder for sale (the kind that clamps onto the edge of the counter). She said her mom used it for Pot Roast hash, which we weren't familiar with. She describe it as everything you had along with the pot roast (carrots, potatoes, onions, etc) put through the grinder then fried up as a hash. I love a good pot roast and all the trimmings. Her description made me want to at least try it someday.

And y'all better get a big batch of the tar and feathers because I also like ketchup on my (canned) corned beef hash. :laugh: 

I cook the hash in a cast iron skillet so I get lots of crispy bits. Ketchup gilds the lily for me.

Toliver

Toliver

During the estate sale for my mom's home, a woman saw her metal meat grinder for sale (the kind that clamps onto the edge of the counter). She said her mom used it for Pot Roast hash, which we weren't familiar with. She describe it as everything you had along with the pot roast (carrots, potatoes, onions, etc) put through the grinder then fried up as a hash. I love a good pot roast and all the trimmings. Her description made me want to at least try it someday.