• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

chromedome

chromedome

For those playing along at home, Tim Horton's is pulling back from the Beyond Meat products in all locations outside of Ontario and BC. The burger was admittedly a bit incongruous within their product line, but the "sausage" product I thought worked well in their breakfast sandwiches and wraps.

A & W here (independent from, and reportedly much superior to, the US chain) still seems to be going gangbusters with them. The Harvey's hamburger chain has added the rival LightLife burger to its menu, in a recent development. It seems similar to the Beyond product in its ingredients, but is somewhat lower in fat and sodium. I haven't yet tried one, and when I do it will probably be from the supermarket rather than Harvey's (I'm not a fan). I'll report back, when it happens.

Edited to add a couple of afterthoughts, and a link:

1) Still no Impossible Burger in Canada

2) Harvey's had offered a conventional veggie burger for the past 20 years, and is *adding* the LightLife product rather than using it to replace the existing one. So yeah, two vegan options at the chain.

3) LightLife apparently is owned by Maple Leaf, one of the major meatpacking corporations up here.

http://strategyonline.ca/2019/09/05/harveys-adds-plant-based-lightlife-burger-to-the-menu/

chromedome

chromedome

For those playing along at home, Tim Horton's is pulling back from the Beyond Meat products in all locations outside of Ontario and BC. The burger was admittedly a bit incongruous within their product line, but the "sausage" product I thought worked well in their breakfast sandwiches and wraps.

A & W here (independent from, and reportedly much superior to, the US chain) still seems to be going gangbusters with them. The Harvey's hamburger chain has added the rival LightLife burger to its menu, in a recent development. It seems similar to the Beyond product in its ingredients, but is somewhat lower in fat and sodium. I haven't yet tried one, and when I do it will probably be from the supermarket rather than Harvey's (I'm not a fan). I'll report back, when it happens.