• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

@liuzhou, let me add my thanks for sharing such a wonderful celebration with us.  It's been delightful and I look forward to hearing more of your adventures on the rest of the trip.

And not to derail your story too much but I'd also like to thank you for prompting a trip down memory lane to my own mother's 90th.  She didn't want a big party but declared that after 90 years, she wanted to celebrate all year and indeed she did!  We kicked off that birthday year when I took her on a cruise in Australia and the celebrations continued all year long.  I hope you don't mind me sharing a few photos of that happy year! 

1554717498_Moms90th.thumb.jpg.a3e171c0d957b020204ce2ad54596980.jpg

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

@liuzhou, let me add my thanks for sharing such a wonderful celebration with us.  It's been delightful and I look forward to hearing more of your adventures on the rest of the trip.

And not to derail your story, I'd also like to thank you for prompting a trip down memory lane to my own mother's 90th.  She didn't want a big party but declared that after 90 years, she wanted to celebrate all year and indeed she did!  We kicked off that birthday year when I took her on a cruise in Australia and the celebrations continued all year long.  I hope you don't mind me sharing a few photos of that happy year! 

1554717498_Moms90th.thumb.jpg.a3e171c0d957b020204ce2ad54596980.jpg