• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Manitoulin — Life on the level

Anna N

On 8/8/2019 at 4:33 PM, Shelby said:

We are an easily distracted group 😁

In our house it is John:

"oh,  a rabbit!!! …."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

5 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Thanks as always for your support and interest in our comings and goings. 

woman/women

I can only speak for myself but I adore all of the eG travels.  I have learned so much and enjoyed places I can never go …. or have gotten suggestions of places to go( see Newfoundland).  Funny I ran into a lady who had property in Manitoulin while in Newfoundland last year and she knew of Kerry.  Ran into a couple last year in Newfoundland who came from the Oganganaka  and when I mentioned some of the places I have learned of the were amazed I had ever heard of them.  

• Like 7

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  When ya'll go home I know it's close to the end of summer and the beginning of hunting season sigh.  Thanks for always including us.  It's a highlight.

I'm sure your families are happy that you're back home :) 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Shelby said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  When ya'll go home I know it's close to the end of summer and the beginning of hunting season sigh.  Thanks for always including us.  It's a highlight.

I'm sure your families are happy that you're back home :) 

YEAH!!!! Hunting season...….

uh, Shelby?  Do you need me to pop out with some "supplies" and help clean and cook?

and process and eat?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Thank you both for a lovely trip, as always. I'm sorry to see it end!

• Like 4

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Even coming to it late, this has been an extraordinary ride, drop-jaw surprises around every corner, nature's seasonal joys every day,    Thank you both so very much!   

So what are we doing next year?     We're already starting to pack.   ✈️  🚕  🚲  🚏  🚤

eGullet member #80.

7 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Even coming to it late, this has been an extraordinary ride, drop-jaw surprises around every corner, nature's seasonal joys every day,    Thank you both so very much!   

So what are we doing next year?     We're already starting to pack.   ✈️  🚕  🚲  🚏  🚤

Same shit - different year likely!

• Like 1
  • Delicious 1
  • Haha 5