• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

Correcting punctuation

I use this pot to keep butter on the counter; you put a little water in the bottom, so the enclosed space (and water) keeps the butter cool. (I have noticed that if one doesn't make bread for 2-3 weeks and thus doesn't use any butter in the pot, then the butter might develop blue or orange streaks and have to be jettisoned. How long does unrefrigerated butter last?)

The only downside to this pot is that the butter doesn't have that great taste of really cold butter.

TdeV

TdeV

I use this pot to keep butter on the counter; you put a little water in the bottom, so the enclosed space (and water) keeps the butter cool. (I have noticed that if one doesn't make bread for 2-3 weeks and thus doesn't use any butter in the pot, then the butter might develop blue or orange streaks and have to be jettisoned. How long does unrefrigerated butter last?

The only downside to this pot is that the butter doesn't have that great taste of really cold butter.