• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

BostonGuido

Greetings from Boston

Hi, this is Dave from Boston. I have been a foodie for longer than foodie has been a word in common usage. I love to cook, particularly ethnic food, but my most particular interest is preserving of all kinds, from drying herbs to making jams to kraut/kimchi and other lactofermented/pickled items (blueberries, anyone?), canning, pressure canning, cheesemaking, bread, bacon (no charcuterie yet) and liqueurs (Bittman's orange-cello and nocino are favorites). I look forward to fun stuff with eGullet (especially since the effective demise of Chowhound).

Namaste,

Dave

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Welcome! C'mon in and join the fun!

So, what are lacto-fermented blueberries like? I'm getting a sweet/sour mental flavor.

Edited by Smithy Added a question (log)
  • Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.