• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Who am I - "Moskva konyaki"

Meme

Who am I - Moskva konyaki

•  
  •  

Just got a 0.5L of X.O. Moskva konyaki today.

Is this a good, valuable bottle of cognac?

Thanks for any information you provide.

I guess you have to try it and let us know. 

A lot of cognacs I tried ~$60 doesn't taste that great and it's never worth it for the money. The same price could get you a lot of nice 12 year scotch whiskeys (better value for money). 

I tried a Armagnac recommended by egulleters - Lassringer or something at ~$60 and it didn't taste good. 

Let us know how this works out and I hope you didn't get ripped off like how I always get  

42 minutes ago, Meme said:

I am not a cognac person.  Any recommendations on what to mix with it?  Or just straight?

I'm not an expert but guys usually mix it if it's too young (VS) because of the alcohol burn but drink it straight and warm when aged longer - XO - bc the age mellows the burn etc. 

If it sucks, then I would just use it for cooking to throw in at the end of a pan sauce to give it deeper flavor.