• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bentley

Help with a Badger 250 Airbrush

My regular airbrush broke, so I took out a spare Badger 250 to spray some colored cocoa butter but I could not get it to spray anything.  I tried adjusting the tip up and down, adjusting the air pressure, checking that the siphon tubes weren't clogged....but I couldn't get it to spray any cocoa butter.  Anyone here use this brush?  Care to share any secrets to getting it to work?

I suspect the distinct lack of responses reflects the similarity of your experience with the Badger and most of ours! There’s a reason we all use other brushes now.

Kate Weiser used badgers successfully longer than anyone I know. I think Norman Love did initially too.

I’m sure I still have one around but never use it due to the same issues you have identified. 

18 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

I suspect the distinct lack of responses reflects the similarity of your experience with the Badger and most of ours! There’s a reason we all use other brushes now.

Kate Weiser used badgers successfully longer than anyone I know. I think Norman Love did initially too.

I’m sure I still have one around but never use it due to the same issues you have identified. 

Finally something on eG t hat I don't want to go out and buy!

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

On 6/20/2019 at 12:43 PM, gfweb said:

Finally something on eG t hat I don't want to go out and buy!

Haha. I have used egullet for so much info...and  i already have a badger 250 that i used once. I know gravity feed is preferred now - what air brushes are folks using? Price range? Do i need to spend 350 on one?

4 minutes ago, Louise nadine brill said:

Haha. I have used egullet for so much info...and  i already have a badger 250 that i used once. I know gravity feed is preferred now - what air brushes are folks using? Price range? Do i need to spend 350 on one?

Few topics around on airbrushes/guns - Spraying Chocolate Equipment Materials and Techniques is the main one I believe.