• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Flash! Foodblog Fanfare!

We have a volunteer foodblogger starting up...tomorrow! 

I know I have commented in the past that you lot are such good guessers that I needed to keep the guessing-game period short. Well, a matter of a few hours is short. Very short. Rest assured, this is shorter than I'd have set it, but Life has gotten in the way of good timing. This is the first time I've been near a keyboard so I could post a teaser photo after receiving it. Honest!

IMG_20190607_153259.thumb.jpg.36fcce9f60c8633c3d013512f473fcc8.jpg

To add to the compression, the forums will be going down at 11pm (CDT) tonight for an hour or three during the software upgrade (you HAVE read the banner announcement above, haven't you?) so there isn't much time left. I'll post one teaser photo now, and another in about an hour if I can stay up that long. (It's been a long, long day here at Chez Smithy.)

Guess away. Tomorrow morning, all will be revealed unless someone identifies our blogger in the meantime. :) 

• Like 2

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

8 minutes ago, IowaDee said:

Panaderia Canadiense?  Probably misspelled her name....

xD

So much for too little time! You win the no-prize!

Here are the rest of the teaser photos. 

IMG_20190530_190535.thumb.jpg.ce508d612094dbc5ec8dbdb67258f74e.jpg

IMG_20190511_130857.thumb.jpg.7f4ef4c06a91f4448e4772991ea5e02c.jpg

This last, to me, is quintessential Panaderia Canadiense:

IMG_20190524_220440.thumb.jpg.676d863107211a59167e63a6a9689605 (1).jpg

She'll open the foodblog tomorrow morning. Enjoy the anticipation, everyone!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Yay! I loved her first two blogs.

• Like 2

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

7 hours ago, Panaderia Canadiense said:

I've actually done three, according to the index. I'd completely forgotten about 2011!

Me, too. O.o

• Haha 2

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer