• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Venezuela's El Rey chocolate stopped production?

eugenep

I was always worried about the political situation in Venezuela and how it would affect some of their luxury goods, premium rum and chocolate. 

I always buy my chocolates from their Texas based store. 

I go online and their white chocolates and many brands are all gone - Criollo, Meiji etc. -  and it's just two that's left. 

See https://chocolates-elrey.com/mainstay-production

Does anyone know what happened to the company and did the economy tank it's production? 

I checked google news but nothing 

thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

I just received this email:

Now Available - 73.5% Apamate, 70% Gran Saman, and 61% Mijao Discos!

We are excited to announce that our Apamate, Gran Saman, and Mijao discos are now available again!

Due to ongoing socio-political problems in Venezuela, there were delays in production of these popular products, and we apologize for the unavailability and appreciate all of our customers' support. 

But if you've been waiting for more of these delicious dark chocolates, just head to www.chocolates-elrey.comor call us today at 1-800-357-3999!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1