• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Callebaut 823 vs C823

DJ Silverchild

For whatever reason, my suppliers are only able to get Callebaut Milk C823 and not 823.  I know the 823 is more fluid.  I don't care why the distributors are only carrying C823 right now because i need to get bars out a.s.a.p.  Will the C823 be ok or should i call my client and put off my order until the regular 823 becomes available?

Looking up the specs - C823 contains about 3% less cacao butter than the 823 making it useful for molding large object where thicker is better (perhaps I should get my hands on some the next time I need to do the giant bunny!).

If it's bars you are making I'll bet it will be fine - if it's your helmets then you might get into trouble.  

You could add the 3% cocoa butter.

• Like 2