• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pillivuyt muffin molds

eugenep

Has anyone ever used Pilluvuyt before or their muffin molds: 

119001275908-original.jpg

https://www.kaufmann-mercantile.com/product/149000055698/porcelain-cupcake-mold-patisserie-set-of-8

I was wondering it's non-stick or if I need to use those muffin paper things 

and if the quality is good or 

do you think muffin pans are better instead of individual molds (that look good but cannot perform it's function well maybe??) 

Best, 

Porcelain isn't non-stick, the cups would need to be oiled, or perhaps oiled & floured.  I don't think a regular round paper liner would conform to the shape well enough to maintain the waviness, and if the batter sticks, prying the cake out of each concavity is going to be a pain. 

They're cute and might work for pot de creme or an individual fruit crisp served in the dish, but for muffins & cupcakes I'd save $100 and just get a regular muffin pan and paper cups.

• Like 1