• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Amber Waddell

Sun-dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Pasta

Hey everyone! I wanted to share my recipe for a quick and easy pasta recipe, perfect for a weeknight meal. This pasta has sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes, goat cheese and lemon zest. It's creamy and totally delicious. But more importantly it's super quick. I made mine vegetarian this time but you can easily add a piece of grilled chicken or sausage to bulk it up a little. Here are the ingredients: 

1/2 pound of any kind of pasta you like (I like using long spaghetti like linguine, fettuccine or angel hair) 

4 tablespoons of sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped

2 handfuls of fresh arugula 

3 ounces of goat cheese 

5 quarters of marinated artichokes, chopped 

1 cup of your favorite white wine 

1/2 teaspoon lemon zest 

1/2 yellow onion, chopped 

1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder OR 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped

1 cup of reserved pasta cooking water 

In a sauté pan, pour some of the sun-dried tomato oil in on medium-high heat. Once hot, put in the chopped yellow onion. Let sweat for a few minutes until translucent. Chop the sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes and add it to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes. Pour in the white wine. Let it cook until it has reduced by about half. 

Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, add a good handful of salt (you need to season your pasta water, it's super important!!). Cook the pasta until al dente. Once it's cooked, drain the pasta but reserve a cup of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta to the pan with the tomato/artichoke mixture. Then add the cooking liquid. Cook for a few minutes in the pan until thickened. 

Transfer to a large bowl. Add the goat cheese, lemon zest and arugula. Toss until everything is combined and the goat cheese has melted in to make a creamy sauce. 

I really love this recipe. It's great for lunches or dinner and can be easily adapted. I hope you all enjoy! Don't hesitate to ask questions! 

fullsizeoutput_78d.jpeg

• Like 3

This looks good.  How many people does it serve?

This is a recipe for about two people. It depends on how much your family eats. I normally make a pound for my family of four and we have some leftovers. 

• Thanks 1