• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Adorable Gummies

Kim Shook

I love gummies - almost any kind of gel-type candy except for sour.  Lately, I've found some really amazing and tasty ones.  I found these cupcakes at Wegman's in the bulk section:

DSCN9630.JPG.2664865d1d3025f3700c27a9cdeb4532.JPG

That's a regular sized jelly bean for size comparison.

These Legos are the same size as real Legos and fit together the same way:

DSCN9631.JPG.c857c39786075ad5bbb76b0d5d386b41.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, kayb said:

I could load them up with them and send them home, I guess. 

Serve their mamas right.

That's the perfect plan! When their mamas come to bring them home, just at the last second when they are closing the car's door you say "hey kids, I have a nice gift for you" and voilà the gummy legos (closed in a box).

So they leave and you observe a huge hurricane forming and going away.

If the next time their mamas bring you something to eat/drink, then be careful.

Teo

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Teo

I saw the "Lego" gummies here in China a week ago. Lego has been a big craze here for the last couple of years

lego.thumb.jpg.6de0d38aa3141b22a7b0bad6674e7faa.jpg

I have to say that I immediately thought what a *^^#&* stupid idea! Kids are always swallowing Lego bricks and choking. Showing them that some "Lego" is edible is really going to help there!

I'm not usually one to call for the health and safety police, but...

Edited by liuzhou (log)

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

not so dissimilar from the problem with kids eating detergent pods, they look too much like a candy product.

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

On 5/21/2019 at 9:45 AM, Kim Shook said:

DSCN9630.JPG.2664865d1d3025f3700c27a9cdeb4532.JPG

That's a regular sized jelly bean for size comparison.

I don’t like most gummy candy at all - but these are so stupid cute I’d buy them anyway and give them to my neighbors who have kids and grandkids. 

• Haha 1

I have an EpiPen ... my friend gave it to me when he was dying ... it seemed very important to him that I have it ... 

So, Jessica loves to support my addictions and brought home a packet of gummies that were supposed to be rainbows and unicorns and bears.  I guess they got hot at some point, because they are all stuck together - though they taste fine when pulled apart.  I call them my Chihuly gummies:

DSCN9663.thumb.JPG.2575e3e46e2d6f337064d6704478ea2c.JPG

• Haha 3

@Kim Shook - the fridge! Ya gotta put ‘me in the fridge to cool for a few minutes next time so we can see them in all their individual glory! 😁

• Haha 1

I have an EpiPen ... my friend gave it to me when he was dying ... it seemed very important to him that I have it ...