• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello everyone.

5 minutes ago, liuzhou said:

Welcome.

Which country?

The United States mostly. Mexico mostly the border towns from time to time. One trip to Ireland I really enjoyed. I could not believe how friendly the country was.

Welcome! It's great that you like trying new foods and like a variety of foods. Is there anything in particular that you really, especially strongly, like to make and/or eat? Do you cook a lot at home, or prefer eating out, or let someone else in the house do the cooking?

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

11 hours ago, Smithy said:

Welcome! It's great that you like trying new foods and like a variety of foods. Is there anything in particular that you really, especially strongly, like to make and/or eat? Do you cook a lot at home, or prefer eating out, or let someone else in the house do the cooking?

I cook a lot at home. I can't afford to eat out much. I really like to slow cook meats on my new grill. I finally broke down and bought a weber genesis 3 burner. I like to make soups. The sad thing is I don't have recipes. I just use what I have available usually. I made a vegetable soup the other day that came out so good I was eating it for breakfast. I diced up a frost bitten sirloin out of the freezer that looked too tuff and dried out to grill. I diced it into 1/4" squares and browned it in a little butter. added my vegetables and it came out great. The key ingredient was the home canned tomatoes. They are so naturally sweet compared to anything you can buy in the stores. I cook by instinct and usually it comes out great. I am rambling on. I love to cook and I love to eat. 

• Like 4