• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

suzilightning

suzilightning

Great responses from all...I can't add much as I do not have kids but I do remember my sister would never eat mashed potatoes as a kid - texture thing.  Now...please don't get between her and a bowl of them!!!

As a teen I would always make my grandfather his favorite liver every other month or so and try it....still can't eat it.  While working in a kitchen I had to have my boss taste the country chicken liver as I could not choke it down.  Tonight I am trying eggplant(again).  I have never liked it but found a new recipe to try and maybe I will like it.  If not - I have a vegetarian friend who will appreciate it .

oh....and salmon.  I have tried it canned, fresh in WA state, smoked.   Uh, noooooooooo

EDITED to say...uh, no go on the eggplant.  The marinara and cheese were good, especially over bucatini with sautéed zucchini but the eggplant😜

suzilightning

suzilightning

Great responses from all...I can't add much as I do not have kids but I do remember my sister would never eat mashed potatoes as a kid - texture thing.  Now...please don't get between her and a bowl of them!!!

As a teen I would always make my grandfather his favorite liver every other month or so and try it....still can't eat it.  While working in a kitchen I had to have my boss taste the country chicken liver as I could not choke it down.  Tonight I am trying eggplant(again).  I have never liked it but found a new recipe to try and maybe I will like it.  If not - I have a vegetarian friend who will appreciate it .

oh....and salmon.  I have tried it canned, fresh in WA state, smoked.   Uh, noooooooooo

suzilightning

suzilightning