• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TicTac

TicTac

Oddly enough, I detest cooked salmon in all forms, but raw, cured or minimally seared, I quite enjoy it.

Gravlax is at least a once a year (typically New Years) occurrence in our house.  Typically made in a Scandinavian style, served with a balsamic/caper/dill sauce.

Over the weekend I got some organic Irish salmon that I seared quickly, sliced sashimi style and served with a ponzu/spring garlic/ramp sauce - it was very well received.

Edit - Darienne - if you ever want something shipped from Toronto, let me know (I am guessing City Fish Vodka Smoked Salmon!? :) )

TicTac

TicTac

Oddly enough, I detest cooked salmon in all forms, but raw, cured or minimally seared, I quite enjoy it.

Gravlax is at least a once a year (typically New Years) occurrence in our house.  Typically made in a Scandinavian style, served with a balsamic/caper/dill sauce.

Over the weekend I got some organic Irish salmon that I seared quickly, sliced sashimi style and served with a ponzu/spring garlic/ramp sauce - it was very well received.