• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vegetable Brushes

I got Mr. Potato Dude for Christmas along with three other vegetable brushes. I love Mr. Potato Dude the best out of all of them. He seems too little to do the job, but since he's so little, I'm not abrading my old and sensitive fingers like happens with some of the larger ones. Plus he is cute as button and I keep him on my counter to bring a smile to my face when I'm in the kitchen every day, whether potatoes are on the menu or not.

He is cheap and very effective, and I highly recommend him for those that want to have a little fun in their kitchen. 

🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

> ^ . . ^ <

Sure, why not? He/it could be a fun add-on to a bigger BB&B order. How do you think the brush would be for cleaning fingernails?

• Like 1

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

Sure, why not? He/it could be a fun add-on to a bigger BB&B order. How do you think the brush would be for cleaning fingernails?

It is so much bigger than our fingernail brush......that cost .99 at the local CVS.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

On 5/11/2019 at 12:25 PM, Alex said:

I'd prefer softer bristles for cleaning fingernails. Tater Dude's bristles are pretty stiff, but perfect for cleaning taters. I thought he was too small at first, but I've changed my mind. He's very comfortable to use and quite effective, plus as @kayb said, cute as a button.

> ^ . . ^ <