• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

RIP Giuliano Bugialli

SLB

The closing paragraph from the above-linked article made me laugh:

Once, when asked what he would like to eat for his last meal, he replied: “Fusion cuisine and bastardized Italian food. Then, I wouldn’t be afraid to die.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Very sad.  At quick count I have ten Bugialli books.  I know there is one I don't:  Maremma The Wild West of Tuscany.  I had been trying to find a copy; I even wrote Bugialli a couple of years ago but received no answer.

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou