• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

boilsover

boilsover

13 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

And why the hate for Dyson?

No hate.  I admire a company that can get $400 for a handheld hairdryer.  If it brings you pleasure, that's nice.

13 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

[E]ggs matter when you pasteurize them

Sure, I get that; pork matters, too.  But are you ever in doubt that a 0.05 C discernment error could result in salmonella poisoning or trichinosis?  Isn't this like some car maker claiming to have a speedometer that is accurate out to 4 decimal places?

boilsover

boilsover

12 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

And why the hate for Dyson?

No hate.  I admire a company that can get $400 for a handheld hairdryer.  If it brings you pleasure, that's nice.

12 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

[E]ggs matter when you pasteurize them

Sure, I get that; pork matters, too.  But are you ever in doubt that a 0.05 C discernment could result in salmonella poisoning or trichinosis?  Isn't this like some car maker claiming to have a speedometer that is accurate out to 4 decimal places?