• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

paulraphael

paulraphael

On 5/2/2019 at 12:32 AM, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Good to know.  My one shows no signs of old age but should it falter I wouldn't hesitate a minute, bank balance permitting.  I assume the new pro works just fine without WiFi.

Cool article. I'd never heard of all those those drawbacks to lab circulators. In my brief experience the problems were size and price, and sometimes succumbing to steam. 

But the real takeaway ... there's such thing as a centrifugal evaporator. Am I the last to know?

paulraphael

paulraphael

8 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Good to know.  My one shows no signs of old age but should it falter I wouldn't hesitate a minute, bank balance permitting.  I assume the new pro works just fine without WiFi.

Cool article. I'd never heard of all those those drawbacks to lab circulators. In my brief experience the only problem was size and price. 

But the real takeaway ... there's such thing as a centrifugal evaporator. Am I the last to know?

paulraphael

paulraphael

8 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Cool article. I'd never heard of all those those drawbacks to lab circulators. In my brief experience the only problem was size and price. 

But the real takeaway from that article ... there's such thing as a centrifugal evaporator. Am I the last to know?