• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

Got more political than I intended, not what I'm here for.

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

30 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

Not 100% sure what you meant about human nature,

Without trying to go back into soapboxing again, just to answer your question. I meant what you said to an extent. But I also meant that the precepts of inclusiveness that go along with political correctness inspired people to all want a piece of that pie. The idea that was supposed to inspire togetherness accidentally inspired a great deal of selfishness. If people weren't part of a historically oppressed group then they would come up with their own thing to be offended over so they could be special too and the whole concept of political correctness insisted that we accept it. That's what got us to the point where everything is offensive and must be catered to.