• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vegan Couverture for chocolate making?

tinyragebaking

Hi everyone! 

I  lurk more often than post but I love this website! I've been dabbling in making bon bons and I wanted to ask if anybody here knew of any couverture dairy-free chocolates? One of my good friends is getting married and I would love to surprise her with some bon bons, but she has a severe allergy to caesin (so much so that if there's cross contamination with other food, she risks going to anaphylactic shock).  I'd appreciate any help or suggestions :)

Here's a photo of some of the stuff I've been having fun with.  I did from left to right an olive oil and thyme center, raspberry and green tea, and blueberry ginger! 

2019040795125010.jpg

Vegan white chocolate or any vegan chocolate?  You could have some fun with the Valrhona Inspirations line but I don't know if anyone is making a mass market vegan white chocolate.  Maybe some of the small artisan makers like Raaka or Soma. 

With the severe allergy, best to contact the maker about shared equipment.  Perhaps her family or fiance can tell you of a chocolate brand she already knows & trusts.