• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Spray gun for commercial use , spraying chocolate mounds

spennie

3 minutes ago, pastrygirl said:

@Jim D. perfect, thank you!

I'm surprised the attachment shows up. When I click on it, it just goes to my computer to find the file. And under the name of the file here on eG, it says "Unavailable."  When I have added other types of files (such as photos), they appear in the post. Maybe somebody can explain this.

In any case, I'm glad you can see it. If you need to order the parts, the best place I found is Jerry Carter Air Tool (since Grex doesn't sell anything directly).

I've been using my Grex quite a lot lately with smaller chocolate orders, and I really like it. As long as it's kept warm (I keep it in a dehydrator), it performs very well (and uses much, much less cocoa butter than the Fuji).

3 hours ago, Jim D. said:

I'll post a PDF diagram provided for me by Grex tech support. I'm not sure how well it will show up here. If it's not legible, let me know and I'll try something else.

airbrush_setup_diagram.pdfUnavailable

Is this it here?

Just now, Jim D. said:

That's it, but I'm not sure how that happened.  I added the file as an attachment to an eG post, did not include that web link at all. Maybe the eG tech support people can explain this?  When I include an image file in a post, the image itself shows up.

I found it on another topic and just copied and brought it over. 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Hi guys,

I just got lucky and landed a decent deal on a new Fuji Q4 Platinum Series Sprayer on eBay. Unfortunately, this particular model comes with the siphon-style gun. For those of you using Fujis, which guns and what size nozzles are you using?

11 minutes ago, cslas said:

Hi guys,

I just got lucky and landed a decent deal on a new Fuji Q4 Platinum Series Sprayer on eBay. Unfortunately, this particular model comes with the siphon-style gun. For those of you using Fujis, which guns and what size nozzles are you using?

T-75G gun with 0.8 mm nozzle - 3 ounce gravity cup

• 7 months later...