• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Corner cabinets -- help me hate mine less

dtremit

On 4/10/2019 at 9:32 PM, Kerry Beal said:

Lee Valley makes a corner cabinet solution here.

We have a solution like that and it works well for us.  There ends up being a lot of wasted space, but we use it store large, bulky items that are going to waste a lot of space anyway (a stock pot, dough mixer,  slow cooker, food processor & accessories).  We can also stash a few infrequently used bits of kit under and in front of the sliding rack (sitting on the base of the cabinet).  We put the heavy mixer on the top of the pull out portion because that makes it relatively easy to get it on and off of the counter.

Edited by rustwood (log)
  • Like 1

My corner upper and lower cabinet has been designated as bottle storage 

A matching bottom corner cabinet on the other side of the kitchen closest to the range to holds pots and odds and ins of little used equipment 

2C1CF3D7-2A8D-4C6F-88E6-374AE8CCCD74.jpeg

831B06D7-0EF9-4980-A4AA-1F07E0C46A9C.jpeg

• Like 2