• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gulfporter

gulfporter

There is a Walmart-Mexico near Ajijic.  They had the best pork tenderloin, a cut not offered in any of our Mexican butcher shops.  I bought it weekly for at least 6 months.   Then, voila! they disappeared.  I asked el jefe at the meat department, porque no mas?  He spoke English and said, "Senora, it was so popular I could not keep enough in stock to please everyone.  So I stopped ordering it."   

I was told the same thing at a local papeleria, where I had been buying bubble-wrap (not a common item).  I think it's almost endearing;  instead of disappointing customers because they run out of items, they simply stop carrying the item??   

But then again, I have been accused of being a Pollyanna.  

gulfporter

gulfporter

There is a Walmart-Mexico near Ajijic.  They had the best pork tenderloin, a cut not offered in any of our Mexican butcher shops.  I bought it weekly for at least 6 months.   Then, voila! they disappeared.  I asked el jefe at the meat department, porque no mas?  He spoke English and said, "Senora, it was so popular I could not keep enough in stock to please everyone.  So I stopped ordering it."   

I was told the same thing at a local papeleria, where I had been buying bubble-wrap (not a common item).  I think it's almost endearing;  instead of disappointing customers because they run out of items, they simply stop carrying the item??