• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocdoc Linking up in Lancaster

1 hour ago, suzilightning said:

If you like Stickley as much as I do (and history as well) next time you are on the east coast of the US you are welcome to our chair and a half that opens out into a twin bed so you can check out Craftsman Farms - http://stickleymuseum.org. It is about halfway between @MetsFan5 and me and there is a Wegman's just a bit down the road and a nice Viet-Thai restaurant, Lemongrass: http://www.lemongrassnj.com/ as well.

Hubby and I have discussed visiting the factory - the rug rat interferes but one day for sure!

• Like 1

106F365C-B728-4930-A220-1139FCFFC6A3.thumb.jpeg.c64b35b2fd651850edca35c426ea855c.jpeg

Lest you think I have posted this not only in the wrong topic but perhaps even in the wrong forum.... When Kerry goes away and visits an expo/food show/airport lounge, she grabs some pens for me. I think she outdid herself this time.

Before anyone gets their knickers in a knot, she had already made the rounds and this was what she called her “pen round”. She was quite open about it to the booth attendants and they willingly handed over pens! I think I’m good for a while —  especially since I have just rediscovered my fountain pens!  No worries. I will make sure some of them find a home where they will be welcomed.

(It might be stretching it just a little to say they are food related but each one of them promotes a food product being exhibited at the trade show of the PMCA.)😋

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

6 hours ago, teonzo said:

Maybe I should rewrite that song's lyrics for this thread.

Probably not necessary... pretty sure we've all figured out the proper number of toys to have is N + 1. :D

6 hours ago, teonzo said:

Let's say the singer was admired more for her big eyes than for her voice.

Her eyes... yeah, that's what all the fuss was about. :P

• Like 2

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

4 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Hubby and I have discussed visiting the factory - the rug rat interferes but one day for sure!

no longer a factory......sure we can figure out a safe place for your daughter...I can ask our neighbor/realtor whose daughter is in a similar situation

oh.... and the pen thing?  Johnnybird steals/ borrows/appropriates one from everywhere he visits...

• Like 2

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

6 minutes ago, suzilightning said:

no longer a factory......sure we can figure out a safe place for your daughter...I can ask our neighbor/realtor whose daughter is in a similar situation

oh.... and the pen thing?  Johnnybird steals/ borrows/appropriates one from everywhere he visits...

Thought there was still production in NY state.

1 minute ago, Kerry Beal said:

Thought there was still production in NY state.

Roycroft in Buffffffalo, perhaps?

There are several Stickley, Audi  furniture production factories here in NJ but....stop and pick up that older model for sure.....

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

1 minute ago, suzilightning said:

Roycroft in Buffffffalo, perhaps?

There are several Stickley, Audi  furniture production factories here in NJ but....stop and pick up that older model for sure.....

Been there - but yes older models are very attractive. A few years back I saw some beautiful new pieces in a clearance place that had been obtained from a furniture store that went out of business - should have sprung then!

8 hours ago, Anna N said:

106F365C-B728-4930-A220-1139FCFFC6A3.thumb.jpeg.c64b35b2fd651850edca35c426ea855c.jpeg

Lest you think I have posted this not only in the wrong topic but perhaps even in the wrong forum.... When Kerry goes away and visits an expo/food show/airport lounge, she grabs some pens for me. I think she outdid herself this time.

Before anyone gets their knickers in a knot, she had already made the rounds and this was what she called her “pen round”. She was quite open about it to the booth attendants and they willingly handed over pens! I think I’m good for a while —  especially since I have just rediscovered my fountain pens!  No worries. I will make sure some of them find a home where they will be welcomed.

(It might be stretching it just a little to say they are food related but each one of them promotes a food product being exhibited at the trade show of the PMCA.)😋

She was in Pennsylvania.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

4 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

She was in Pennsylvania.

You are so sharp one day you will cut yourself.  

• Haha 6

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 12:33 PM, Kerry Beal said:

If you do come to Manlius, please remember that you're only an hour's drive from us! (And the biggest Wegmans in Syracuse is on the way there.)

• Like 1

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2