• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocdoc Linking up in Lancaster

Decided to have a little more fun with the Control Freak - had picked up some russet potatoes yesterday at Wegman's - cooked in milk and butter for around an hour. No masher available so mashed with a fork. Added back some of the milk and butter they had been poached in. 

IMG_4846.thumb.jpg.18a999824c6b6e71d41e21e08a51f5c4.jpg

1992146704_IMG_48473.thumb.jpg.a39a4d22c0413cbf33b3583942935fbd.jpg

1701541662_IMG_48483.thumb.jpg.61a10f55c92af89d20969991a2b5cc8c.jpg

1367039379_IMG_48493.thumb.jpg.5e3a2a1696f76bcba3f72250494985f5.jpg

1484240072_IMG_48503.thumb.jpg.bc3067cbf7e255440d115ae0415f0cd3.jpg

Reheated the hollandaise left over from yesterday - better than extra butter.

• Like 12
  • Delicious 1

13 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

had picked up some russet potatoes yesterday at Wegman's - cooked in milk and butter for around an hour. No masher available so mashed with a fork. Added back some of the milk and butter they had been poached in

13 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

Reheated the hollandaise left over from yesterday - better than extra butter.

You're going to have people lined up at your door trying to place orders if the smell gets out...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

4 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

You're going to have people lined up at your door trying to place orders if the smell gets out...

I was thinking something similar! Or, if they catch a glimpse of that drool-worthy salad.   🙂

• Like 1

I take it there are no decent restaurants in Lancaster. A shame. I do remember a good German place somewhere in that vicinity....

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

Just now, kayb said:

I take it there are no decent restaurants in Lancaster. A shame. I do remember a good German place somewhere in that vicinity....

I know there are - but I had a rather large Negroni that I took down to the reception after the trade show in one of the paper coffee cups from the room and driving didn't seem like a good idea.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, curls said:

So, what's on the menu for breakfast? I'm hoping for Control Freak eggs benedict.

Hmmm -  I had plans for eggs Benedict - but we shall have to see.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

the Perfect automatic tempering machine, enrober and cooling tunnel. Very well priced relative to other machines.

This is something really nice to see. I always wondered why chocolatiers in the USA felt the need to import Selmi and FBM. You should save a lot of money only on import fees.

Teo

Teo

11 minutes ago, teonzo said:

This is something really nice to see. I always wondered why chocolatiers in the USA felt the need to import Selmi and FBM. You should save a lot of money only on import fees.

Teo

They will still have to import this one - but from Canada!

• Haha 3

As close to eggs Bennie as I'm going to get with no bread component. The cheese muffin that I had picked up a few days back was not really salvageable. 

739564681_IMG_48532.thumb.jpg.5807378682ae48947cd7aceb928eb3a2.jpg

1041888518_IMG_48542.thumb.jpg.d48c1c06abc06141d91e1e6df3571890.jpg

This was 5 minutes at 85º C - next time 4 minutes I'd say.

• Like 6
  • Delicious 2

Looks lovely even without some bread for smooshing in the sauce. I'm sure you'll be able to dial in the right amount of cook on the poached eggs.

And as I keep saying to myself... I don't need or have space for a Control Freak, CSO, Freeze Dryer, Thermomix, Selmi, melanger, etc.... Don't worry, you have all tempted me into many purchases. Just holding firm (for now) on quite a few more! 🙂

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

They will still have to import this one - but from Canada!

A good reason to add an EZ Temper to the order and save on shipping costs.

Teo

• Like 4

Teo

Before I left the hotel room - I asked the maid to come in and have a look at all the stuff I was leaving - with the thought that if she seemed upset I'd lug it back to a thrift store on my way out of town. On the contrary - she was thrilled, ran across the room and gave me a big hug! So she was up 3 pots, a mason jar, basil, tarragon, eggs and milk. Oh yeah - and a great big heavy plate!

IMG_4859.thumb.jpg.1864d12d9da48cc80c0f74c14808b139.jpg

One of my favorite parts of this long drive is the piece along the river on Highway 15. 

I have a bit of a thing for Stickley furniture - particularly the inlaid pieces. I had to stop at the store in Shomoken Dam and admire this particular piece. Couldn't convince the hubby to let me bring it home via text message however.

57651759691__A177E448-6AAE-4892-B57A-092C2ED2E853.thumb.jpg.e3a253a4a28015e7100af821f056a14d.jpg

57651760675__25BB5C49-2729-401A-8863-4E6C875F65C8.thumb.jpg.9bbbfa2498754f71990e8439d18c3ec4.jpg

57651761997__749240C8-CDF4-4BBA-BDFC-5CEEE56597B5.thumb.jpg.306c03224a7f6df80be3e44ed7529dda.jpg

57651762839__AED876A7-ABD0-4AAF-96DD-3BCB4DA440BF.thumb.jpg.c2c6837025ce02380afcf2e66e257517.jpg

Lunch was the same as yesterday - not quite as attractively packaged.

IMG_4865.thumb.jpg.07d129358a6be1e82c6f162c8e06ffc7.jpg

So I am home - sitting in front of the TV with a cuppa. I have unpacked the cheese, butter, burrata and 2 packages of those Sugar Bomb tomatoes that I picked up at Wegman's in Buffalo (oh yeah, got some chuck eyes as well). Also the blister peanuts and cereal bars from Trader Joe's. 

The blister peanuts will be make into the candied peanuts mentioned earlier. 

I was given several packages of the Ruby Chocolate that @patris had obtained from TJ's - they had no more today. I'll make a few easter things with it. 

I has as yet not brought the Control Freak out of the car - nor the other things that's in there which I neglected to show you - a 3D printer that I bought from a fellow on ebay. 

Edited by Kerry Beal (log)
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, Kerry Beal said:

I has as yet not brought the Control Freak out of the car - nor the other things that's in there which I neglected to show you - a 3D printer that I bought from a fellow on ebay. 

Toys toys toys!  

• Haha 6

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

5 hours ago, Okanagancook said:

I usually wait until DH goes golfing before I bring new toys into the house😇

Lol - he rarely leaves the house! This sucker is going to require real estate.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Anna N said:

Toys toys toys!  

When I was a teenager (a couple years ago) this song:

was a big hit here in Italy. I suppose it's totally unknown out of our frontiers and you preferred remaining ignorant. Let's say the singer was admired more for her big eyes than for her voice.

Maybe I should rewrite that song's lyrics for this thread.

Weird Teo Italianovic

• Haha 2

Teo

6 minutes ago, teonzo said:

You lost some points here.

Teo

He loves the stuff as much as I do - but watches the budget more than I. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, rotuts said:

and it looked like such a beauty !

no knowing anything about its price , BTW

It was a beauty!  Apparently about half the price of a similar item being sold in Florida that was not nearly as beautifully refurbished!

• Sad 2

If you like Stickley as much as I do (and history as well) next time you are on the east coast of the US you are welcome to our chair and a half that opens out into a twin bed so you can check out Craftsman Farms - http://stickleymuseum.org. It is about halfway between @MetsFan5 and me and there is a Wegman's just a bit down the road and a nice Viet-Thai restaurant, Lemongrass: http://www.lemongrassnj.com/ as well.

• Like 2

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

15 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

I have a bit of a thing for Stickley furniture - particularly the inlaid pieces. I had to stop at the store in Shomoken Dam and admire this particular piece. Couldn't convince the hubby to let me bring it home via text message however.

It's easier to ask forgiveness than to beg permission?

😶

• Like 3