• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

KREA spray gun question

Merry Berry

A great friend of mine is graciously allowing me to utilize his bakery work space as I start my confections business.  A couple of years ago, he and his kitchen manager went to a Food show in Vegas and were told by the KREA spray gun rep that it would allow them to spray confectioners sugar glaze (confectioners sugar, cream, flavorings) on their many bakery products.  However, they are unsure if he knew exactly what they were asking since there was a language barrier between the two groups.  Either way, they came home with it, tried it to no effect and hid it away under a counter.

Has anyone tried it for that purpose?  All the videos I see online have to do with washes, oils, and chocolate.  I know glaze is very thick at room temperature so it would have to be heated up (I would think) until it is a bit more fluid.  I was going to test it out either way, but wanted to check and see if anyone else had tried the guns for this purpose before I start to make a mess with it. 

At the very least, I now have a KREA spray gun at my disposal for my items 😍 which I am pretty excited about since they are way out of my current budget.  However, I would like to thank him for using his facility by making the spray gun work for their purposes.  Thank you for any assistance.

Edited by Merry Berry (log)