• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A food processor that isn't ugly to look at

eugenep

Yes. I saw it on a Rick Stein youtube video 

I googled it and it even has this scale function and a mini-bowl (hoping for easier clean up) 

https://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-FPM910-Multipro-Processor-Stainless/dp/B014IPKHU0/ref=sr_1_7?crid=20NW0MJ43ZO2N&keywords=kenwood+food+processor&qid=1553957389&s=gateway&sprefix=kenwood+food+%2Caps%2C127&sr=8-7

But the amazon reviews say it jumps around and sucks. 

It looks much better than the robo-coup and Cuisinart (that everyone including myself has). 

I might try this one out if my Cuiinsart ever breaks

But - wow - a food process that isn't ugly to look at. I was so impressed just because..after looking at the plastic Breville and the eye-sore designs of Cuisinart and Robocoup I sort of thought all food processors have to look ugly (like part of the intrinsic engineering design) 

image.thumb.png.b9d32ddbfcf76b202921990a6bedabb0.png

Why are you concerned about how it looks? Food preparation devices need to be extremely functional, not beautiful. At least in my opinion you look for functionality and reliability 1st, followed by price. Looks/beauty comes in at a distant last-place.

Unless you are running a "show kitchen" who cares about what it looks like as long as it does what it's designed for.

• Like 5

I've learned that artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

58 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

The additional accessories included with the non-US version make it more attractive to me than the design alone. 

I was impressed by how it could be turned into a blender and has a smaller jar for grinding spice - like a universal machine. 

....all...while..looking...impressively...good

image.png.7d19c2b89e1449a4b578b896ea48b536.png

image.png.8528e4d3c084f009cb1f4ad4afcd37d8.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I don't think Don Quixote would care much about how his food processor looked.

If my Cuisinart ever dies, which it probably won't, I'm investing in a commercial Robot Coupe. I care more about the look of my product than the look of the capital, ya dig? But I understand the desire to make your kitchen look good. Maybe keep it in a cabinet, if you can? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, btbyrd said:

If my Cuisinart ever dies, which it probably won't, I'm investing in a commercial Robot Coupe.

If my Cuisinart ever dies, which it probably won't, I have another of similar vintage that I bought for peanuts off the local buy-sell page. The one I'm using has survived 30-odd years of restaurant and then home use, so I expect I'm probably good for the rest of my natural days.

• Like 3

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning