• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

23 minutes ago, curls said:

Have you had prior success with this mould? He is a huge bunny! How much does he weigh?

No other suggestions for repairs but if you make him again perhaps you can try painting the mould with a layer of chocolate before you do your final fill and rotate. Hopefully  we'll learn some additional tips at this year's eGullet chocolate workshop that will help you with next year's Easter bunny.

I can’t recall if I’ve ever successfully molded him - I know he’s broken more times than I care to count! I’d say around 4 kg

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

21 minutes ago, curls said:

Have you had prior success with this mould? He is a huge bunny! How much does he weigh?

No other suggestions for repairs but if you make him again perhaps you can try painting the mould with a layer of chocolate before you do your final fill and rotate. Hopefully  we'll learn some additional tips at this year's eGullet chocolate workshop that will help you with next year's Easter bunny.

I can’t recall if I’ve ever successfully molded him - I know he’s broken more times than I care to count!