• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Robert Parker - question about list and any recommended wine dealers/websites

eugenep

The Wine Advocate yearly subscription is about $200 or something which is not worth it for me because I only drink $20 or less (which excludes most wines they talk about I'm guessing). 

But the Robert Parker ratings for $10 - $20 wines I've come across taste really good when it's between 85 to 90 and above points. 

Is there a way to buy the wine list rankings without subscribing to the Wine Advocate or is there a website that will sell wines with a comprehensive list of Robert Parker rated wines etc. 

I found one website at https://www.winetransit.com/ratings/robert-parker.html

And I just buy it at my local Total Wine because they don't ship to New Jersey. 

I did a dinner party where I needed to supply all the wine.

To make it affordable so I bought wines at about $10 per bottle ranked 85 - 90 points by RP and all but one bottle tasted really good. 

Might have another one but I don't want to bring the same bottles I guess. Thanks

Edited by eugenep (log)

@cdh - hmmm...like I was after the points list. I'm not sure if what I'm saying exists. Like the Wine Advocate has a vintage chart but I was thinking that there is a chart/table that lists the wines and the points score out of 100. 

I don't know how the monthly/periodical magazine is formatted but I don't think it's in the magazine - the comprehensive chart - but maybe it's something that comes out annually - ratings for 2017 etc. 

If anyone subscribes to the magazine, and can give some info that would be good. 

If found this website that has many Robert Parker / Wine Advocate rated wines 

https://www.thewinebuyer.com/main.asp?request=articles&article=50

I think I'm going to buy buying in bulk and driving there for pick up 

The ratings are true and the flavor has been pretty solid

Edited by eugenep
mistook Wine Spectator (which sucks) with Wine Advocate (which is real) (log)

Often, the stores will label the wines with the scores, if they are in the 89 and up range. I would also just ask the wine sellers, they should be able to steer you to wines that fit your needs.

• Like 1

"There are no mistakes in bread baking, only more bread crumbs"

*Bernard Clayton, Jr.

• 1 year later...