• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

eugenep

eugenep

The Wine Advocate yearly subscription is about $200 or something which is not worth it for me because I only drink $20 or less (which excludes most wines they talk about I'm guessing). 

But the Robert Parker ratings for $10 - $20 wines I've come across taste really good when it's between 85 to 90 and above points. 

Is there a way to buy the wine list rankings without subscribing to the Wine Advocate or is there a website that will sell wines with a comprehensive list of Robert Parker rated wines etc. 

I found one website at https://www.winetransit.com/ratings/robert-parker.html

And I just buy it at my local Total Wine because they don't ship to New Jersey. 

I did a dinner party where I needed to supply all the wine.

To make it affordable so I bought wines at about $10 per bottle ranked 85 - 90 points by RP and all but one bottle tasted really good. 

Might have another one but I don't want to bring the same bottles I guess. Thanks

eugenep

eugenep

The Wine Advocate yearly subscription is about $200 or something which is not worth it for me because I only drink $20 or less (which excludes most wines they talk about I'm guessing). 

But the Robert Parker ratings for $10 - $20 wines I've come across taste really good when it's between 85 to 90 and above points. 

Is there a way to buy the wine list rankings without subscribing to the Wine Advocate or is there a website that will sell wines with a comprehensive list of Robert Parker rated wines etc. 

I found one website at https://www.winetransit.com/ratings/robert-parker.html

And I just buy it at my local Total Wine because they don't ship to New Jersey. 

I did a dinner party where I needed to supply all the wine.

To make it affordable so I bought wines at about $10 per bottle ranked 80 - 90 points by RP and all but one bottle tasted really good. 

Might have another one but I don't want to bring the same bottles I guess. Thanks