• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

2 hours ago, stephen129 said:

How long have you had yours for and has it lasted?

I'm most interested in how long the inside pot lasts.

I have just bought a Zojirushi NS-YSQ10 I am hoping the machine lasts decades, based on previous rice cookers, the most fragile part is the inside pot.

I know Zojirushi sells replacement inner pots, I'm wondering if I should buy one now or if they will still be selling the same one decades later.

I would suggest if there is any question that you buy the extra one now and tuck it away. My Zo's gotta be 15 to 20 years old by now.

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

2 hours ago, stephen129 said:

How long have you had yours for and has it lasted?

I'm most interested in how long the inside pot lasts.

I have just bought a Zojirushi NS-YSQ10 I am hoping the machine lasts decades, based on previous rice cookers, the most fragile part is the inside pot.

I know Zojirushi sells replacement inner pots, I'm wondering if I should buy one now or if they will still be selling the same one decades later.

I would suggest if there is any question that you buy the extra one now and tuck it away.