• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

CatIsHungry

New from NCentral TX

Well, if you read my profile, you'll see I have recently developed a ton of food allergies (and really bad food intolerances) *sigh* but I still love to cook and bake - I just cannot eat what I cook - or bake :-/ -- I cook for my husband and son (my son is my primary taste tester - he's very  a very good critic - and if a new recipe gets put on his - yeah its good but  let's put this on the "make every 6months" list - its likely to be never made again :-) 

I have been cooking and baking for a very very long time - many many years :-) - my mom was an excellent cook - couldn't bake sheet of pre-made cookie dough cookies, God love her. My grandmother was an excellent baker but not much of a cook, God bless her. I was lucky and learned from both. 

I am half Korean and grew up eating primarily (90%) Korean food - married a good 'ole TX boy who asked for a casserole for dinner ... man, I had never had a casserole in my life! He looked at me like he didn't know who he'd married :-( ;-) 

I live in N Central TX and wouldnt have it any other way :-)

I guess  that's it- happy cooking / baking!

• Like 1

I have an EpiPen ... my friend gave it to me when he was dying ... it seemed very important to him that I have it ... 

Welcome to the forum.  I gather you are a cat lover?

Thanks, Elsie! 

Ahh - I guess I should have signed up as CAT ... my initials :-) ... however, I do have some affinity for cats if that counts :-)

• Like 1

I have an EpiPen ... my friend gave it to me when he was dying ... it seemed very important to him that I have it ... 

Glad to have you. I'm your neighbor over here in Arkansas.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

19 minutes ago, kayb said:

Glad to have you. I'm your neighbor over her e in Arkansas.

Hi kayb - thanks for the welcome - I have a few wayward relatives up there in good 'ole Arkansas - they are some of my favorites :o) 

I have been lurking here a long long time- I feel like the weird creepy neighbor lol